13 Torah ornaments
Angelo Scarbello D'Este
Partly gold plated silver, embossed, engraved with cast decoration
Donated by Béla Lajta, 1910
Béla Lajta (Leitersdorfer) architect and designer of the Chevra Kadisha institutions in Pest, in 1904 drafted a plan of a Jewish museum to be set up. He purchased the typically Italian Torah finials for his own collection, but when he heard about the founding of the museum in 1910, he was among the first ones to enrich the collection with these torah ornaments which depict the furnishings of the Jerusalem Temple, made in Padua in the beginning of the 18th century.